iLuaBox 1.5 Update
iLuaBox provides an intuitive environment to learn, write, and run scripts written in the Lua Programming Language. This is not a stripped down version of Lua, but rather a full-featured implementation that is optimized for iOS. iLuaBox is a universal application that runs on any device compatible with iOS 4.3 or later. Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
iLuaBox Pro includes several built-in toolboxes that are available as In-App purchases from within iLuaBox standard edition.
iLuaBox Lite includes all the features from iLuaBox standard edition except for expansions via In-App purchases. Also, iLuaBox Lite allows saving files with a length of 6500 characters or less.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
In addition to Lua’s standard function libraries, iLuaBox includes the iLua Toolbox function library developed specifically for iOS devices. Also available are In App purchases of additional toolboxes that expand iLuaBox functionality even further. iLuaBox includes a solid reference manual and examples to get you started.
The side-by-side text views are routed to the standard input and standard output streams, providing a simple yet powerful text user interface. Input and output text can be edited and saved for later use
- Full-featured Lua programming language
- In App purchases of toolbox expansions
- Built-in Lua reference manual
- Basic library, coroutine library, string manipulation, and table manipulation
- Mathematical functions, bitwise operations, debugging, sensors and more
- Side-by-side text user interface for intuitive input and output
- Load, edit, save and print input text
- Save and print output text
- Peer-to-peer messaging
- TextExpander enabled
iLua Toolbox (Built-In)
The iLua Toolbox adds several utility functions for controlling iLuaBox core behavior such as screen mode, printing to the input screen, and reading the device file directory.
Socket Toolbox (Std: In App Purchase / Pro: Built-in)
The Socket Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox that support SMTP (sending e-mail), HTTP (WWW access) and FTP (file upload and download) protocols, along with other commonly needed Internet functionality.
SQL Toolbox (Std: In App Purchase / Pro: Built-in)
The SQL Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for creating, editing and managing databases using the Structured Query Language and the SQLite database engine.
Vox Toolbox (Std: In App Purchase / Pro: Built-in)
The Vox Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for synthesizing and playing back speech from text input. Multiple voices can be defined with individual characteristics, and played simultaneously with position and volume control.
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- iLuaBox is a universal application.
- Some functionality may require In-App purchase of specialized toolbox.
- mLuaBox for the Mac will be available later this year from the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 1.5:
- [NEW] iOS 5 compatibility.
- [NEW] Lua updated to latest version (Lua 5.2 7/8/2011).
- [NEW] SQL Toolbox updated to SQLite version 3.7.8.
- [NEW] HMI sneak peek (see 'About iLuaBox' in script cabinet).
- [NEW] Fewer ads in iLuaBox Lite!
- [CHANGE] The 'ls' function differentiates between files and directories.
What's New in Version 1.4.1:
- [NEW] SQL Toolbox updated to SQLite version 220.127.116.11.
- [NEW] Support for external text editors.
- [FIX] Text views are properly aligned after closing browser views.
iLuaBox, iLuaBox Pro and iLuaBox Lite 1.5 are available now on the App Store!
More details are available on the iLuaBox product page.