iLuaBox for iOS
iLuaBox provides an intuitive environment to learn, write, and run scripts written in the Lua Programming Language. This is not a stripped down version of Lua, but rather a full-featured implementation that is optimized for iOS. iLuaBox is a universal application that runs on any device compatible with iOS 4.3 or later.
iLuaBox Lite includes all the features from iLuaBox standard edition except for expansions via In-App purchases. Also, iLuaBox Lite allows saving files with a length of 6500 characters or less. iLuaBox Pro includes several built-in toolboxes that are available as In-App purchases from within iLuaBox standard edition.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
- Full-featured Lua 5.2 programming language
- Built-in Lua reference manual
- Basic library, coroutine library, string manipulation, and table manipulation
- Mathematical functions, bitwise operations, debugging, sensors and more
- Side-by-side text user interface for intuitive input and output
- Load, edit, save and print input text
- Save and print output text
- Peer-to-peer messaging
- TextExpander enabled
- In-App documentation
The iLua Toolbox adds several utility functions for controlling iLuaBox core behavior such as screen mode, printing to the input screen, and managing the iLuaBox file directory. The iLua Toolbox is included with all editions of iLuaBox.
The Socket Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox that support SMTP (sending e-mail), HTTP (WWW access) and FTP (file upload and download) protocols, along with other commonly needed Internet functionality. The Socket Toolbox is included with iLuaBox Pro and is an In-App purchase with iLuaBox standard edition.
The SQL Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for creating, editing and managing databases using the Structured Query Language and the SQLite database engine. The SQL Toolbox is included with iLuaBox Pro and is an In-App purchase with iLuaBox standard edition.
The Vox Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for synthesizing and playing back speech from text input. Multiple voices can be defined with individual characteristics, and played simultaneously with position and volume control. The Vox Toolbox is included with iLuaBox Pro and is an In-App purchase with iLuaBox standard edition.
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- iLuaBox is a universal application.
- iLuaBox Lite is almost free and ad-supported.
- Some functionality may require In-App purchase of specialized toolbox.
WHAT'S NEW IN V1.5
- [NEW] iOS 5 compatibility.
- [NEW] Updated to Lua 5.2 (Release 7/8/2011).
- [NEW] SQL Toolbox updated to SQLite version 3.7.8 (iLuaBox and iLuaBox Pro).
- [NEW] HMI sneak peek (see 'About iLuaBox' in script cabinet).
- [NEW] Fewer ads in iLuaBox Lite!
- [CHANGE] The 'ls' function differentiates between files and directories.