mLuaBox for OS X
mLuaBox provides an intuitive environment to learn, write, and run scripts written in the Lua Programming Language. This is not a stripped down version of Lua, but rather a full-featured implementation that is optimized for OS X. mLuaBox is a 64-bit application that runs on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
- Full-featured Lua 5.2 programming language
- Built-in Lua reference manual
- Basic library, coroutine library, string manipulation, and table manipulation
- Mathematical functions, bitwise operations, debugging, sensors and more
- Side-by-side text user interface for intuitive input and output
- Load, edit, save and print input text
- Save and print output text
- Peer-to-peer messaging
The mLua Toolbox adds several utility functions for controlling mLuaBox core behavior such as screen mode, printing to the input screen, and managing the mLuaBox file directory.
The Socket Toolbox adds a set of functions to mLuaBox that support SMTP (sending e-mail), HTTP (WWW access) and FTP (file upload and download) protocols, along with other commonly needed Internet functionality.
The SQL Toolbox adds a set of functions to mLuaBox for creating, editing and managing databases using the Structured Query Language and the SQLite database engine.
The Vox Toolbox adds a set of functions to mLuaBox for synthesizing and playing back speech from text input. Multiple voices can be defined with individual characteristics, and played simultaneously with position and volume control.
- Requires OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later.
- mLuaBox is still in development.
Please contact us directly.